Lesson 54 – الدَّرْسُ الرَّابِعُ وَالْخَمْسُونَ
Sound Feminine Plural - جَمْعُ المُؤَنَّث السَّالِم
Exercise – تَدْرِيبٌ
· In this section we will have multiple questions to test your understanding of the principles we have learnt In-Shā'-Allâh (God-Willing). To answer the questions:
o Type the complete answer for the following questions by selecting the question and using the on-screen keyboard or your actual keyboard.
o Use the Shift key to enter characters on the upper portions of the letters and use full diacritics in your answers – e.g. fathah, kasrah, sukūn etc.
· Do not use diacritics in the following cases:
-The Alif followed by laam ال (while the laam itself can be signed with a vowel)
-The laam followed by alif لا (while the Alif itself can be signed when it comes with hamzah).
-Do not put the small Alif on words like هٰذا.
-Do not put diacritics on long vowels.
o Upon completion of all questions, click on the Mark button to see the correct answer and to get your mark.
· For more instructions click here.
· The Arabic sentence above means " Put the vowel sign on the last letter of the sound feminine plurals in the following sentences:". In each of the words below simply type the word again using the keyboard (as above) with the vowel-marks and punctuation, e.g. /masĴid/ = masĴidun/ as below: مَسْجِد = مَسْجِدٌ
· Remember: a word can be either definite (with /alif lām/ but not /tanwīn/) or indefinite (with no /alif lām/ but with /tanwīn/). The proper pronunciation (and hence answers) can be heard by clicking on the speaker image by the sentences, but please don't click on these until you have attempted to complete the exercise so that you may benefit In-Shā'-Allâh (God willing).