- We learnt earlier that هَـٰذَا is the Arabic demonstrative pronoun (in Arabic grarmmar called the Arabic demonstrative noun, or Arabic demonstrative article.
- In this part of lesson 1 we will learn the phraseمَا هَـٰذَا؟ which means "What's this". We shall then answer the questions with the phrase we learnt in the earlier parts, i.e. /hādhā/ هَـٰذَا.
- We will also learn the phrase أَهَـٰذَا.....؟ which means "Is this...?", for example أَهَـٰذَا بَيْتٌ؟ which means "Is this a house?”.
- In addition, we will learn the words for Yes and No in Arabic to answer these questions. The word for Yes in Arabic is نَعَمْ, and the word for No in Arabic is لا.
- As we have already learnt, the Arabic script is read from right to left, please read the sentences below from right to left.
Please click on the words to hear speech, i.e. how the words should be pronounced.
- In the next parts we will learn the phrase مَنْ هَـٰذَا؟ which means "Who is this?" followed by some more sentences to revise what we have learnt in this lesson, In-Shā’-Allâh (God willing).